We take your company’s Medicare compliance seriously.
Flagship Services Group has always placed a high value on client partnerships based on mutual trust and confidence. One of the most important ways we support those relationships is by concentrating our resources on having in-house legal counsel that’s only a phone call away. To that end, we’re proud to introduce our President and Chief Legal Counsel, Rafael Gonzalez, Esq.
Flagship’s President and Chief Legal Counsel, Rafael Gonzalez, Esq.
With over 30 years of experience and expertise in workers’ compensation, liability insurance and Medicare and Medicaid compliance, Rafael has become the industry’s leading expert on Section 111 Mandatory Insurer Reporting, Conditional Payment Lien resolution, Medicare Set-Aside Allocations, Social Security and Special Needs Trust Administration.
Having practiced law in the areas of first and third party liability, workers’ compensation, social security, Medicare, and Medicaid for many years, along with executive positions at several companies who deal heavily in those specialties, Rafael is well prepared to direct the Medicare/Medicaid compliance services offered at Flagship.
The main thrust of Rafael’s responsibility is working with clients to:
- Remain current and successfully navigate the ever changing world of Medicare, Medicaid and Health Care in the United States.
- Comply with both federal and state regulations to avoid exposure to future litigation and protect your financial assets.
- Provide Medicare legal counsel and guidance on settlements and/or how to deal with a verdict.
- Assist with Medicare Secondary Payer issues, including Section 111 Reporting (including avoiding hefty fines), Conditional Payment Claims, and Medicare Set-Asides.
- Offer a balanced, legally-focused understanding of catastrophic injuries, recovery, and treatment options to better evaluate exposure in order to reach amicable resolutions.
In addition, Rafael has already established himself as a thought leader in the industry through numerous publications, as a public speaker, and as a trusted consultant to both lawmakers and executives making monumental decisions on the creation and application of compliance law. His input on industry announcements, the evolution of regulations, and other matters of importance to our clients will be regularly featured on our own blog as well as in other industry publications and via speaking engagements as opportunities become available.