Medicare Conditional Payment Management
A Conditional Payment (CP) occurs when Medicare has paid for health care services provided to a Medicare beneficiary, but a primary payer exists who is responsible for those payments.
Medicare makes such payments on condition that reimbursement will be made to Medicare if the primary payer provides any compensation to the Medicare beneficiary (i.e. settlement, judgment, award, other).
Flagship saves P&C insurers millions of dollars annually in Medicare reimbursements by reducing the aggregate Conditional Payment Demand amounts.
- Flagship removes the Medicare headache from adjusters’ desks so they don’t have to be experts in the world of ever-changing Medicare regulations.
- Flagship enables claim adjusters to spend their time doing what they do best, closing the 85%-90% of claims that are non-Medicare related.
As a Conditional Payment Company we offer 100% Medicare Compliance
- End-to-End Solutions
- Mitigation of Medicare penalties by resolving all Conditional Payment liabilities.
- Protection of client’s financial resources by reducing Conditional Payment reimbursement amounts to the lowest defensible amount…and not a penny more!
- Simplification of Medicare compliance for claim adjusters by reducing their Medicare duties to a couple of basic steps – transmission of Medicare claims to Flagship at the front end, then filing Medicare closure documents at the back end.
- Management Reports
- Monthly Management Report that includes claim referral volume, Conditional Payment demands, fees, net savings, and ROI. Report, tracked by claim adjuster, can also be expanded to include individual claim offices and regional results.
- 100% Compliance guarantee when all Medicare and Flagship policies and procedures are followed.
- Florida Federal District Court Concludes Medical Providers Are Not Subject to Double Damages Under MSP Act Private Cause of Action (3/15/2018) - Rafael Gonzalez, Esq. President, Flagship Services Group On March 2, 2018, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division, published its opinion on MSPA Claims 1, LLC v. Halifax Health, Inc., in which the court found that a private right of action under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act, 42 U.S.C. […]
- New Work Comp MSA Review Contractor Starts 3/19/18; No Expected Changes and No News on Liability MSAs (3/14/2018) - Rafael Gonzalez, Esq. President, Flagship Services Group It has been a long time coming, two years to be exact. After the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced their anticipated release of a solicitation for the Workers’ Compensation Review Contractor (WCRC) in 2016 and 2017 and further announced it was continuing to consider expanding […]
- NCCI Publishes 2018 Update on Medicare Set Asides and Workers Compensation (2/12/2018) - Rafael Gonzalez, Esq. President, Flagship Services Group On February 8, 2018, the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) published its MEDICARE SET-ASIDES AND WORKERS COMPENSATION— 2018 UPDATE (study), written by Nedžad Arnautović. The study can be found at https://www.ncci.com/Articles/Documents/II_MSA-WC-Study.pdf What follows is a verbatim rendition of the facts, analysis, findings and conclusions found in the […]