Robert J. Finley, Partner with Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP and Chief Legal Consultant to Flagship Services Group, will provide a series of presentations at the 5th Annual RISE Medicare Secondary Payer Master Class, to be held February 3 – 4, 2020 in Jacksonville, Florida. The comprehensive two-day event is designed for mid to senior level management and legal professionals who are responsible for Medicare Secondary Payer compliance in risk management, finance, enforcement, and legal roles.
A summary of Finley’s presentations follows below.
Mandatory Section 111 Reporting: Efficient Reporting of Total Payment Obligation to Claimant (TPOC) in Liability, No Fault, and Workers Compensation
In his first presentation on February 3, Finley will:
- Thoroughly define TPOC
- Pin-point when TPOC is reportable to CMS
- Review processes triggered at CMS when TPOC is reported
- Consider the consequences of not reporting TPOC
- Provide best practices and recommendations for reporting TPOC
Conditional Payments: Best Practices for Resolving Conditional Payments Post-Settlement with the Benefits Coordination and Recovery Center (BCRC)
On February 4, Finley will co-present on conditional payments, focusing on post-settlement resolutions with the BCRC. The presentation will help attendees:
- Understand the latest BCRC procedural changes and differing effects on Liability and workers compensation claims
- Comprehensive insight on BCRC’s resolution process of conditional payments in post-settlement matters
- Analyze industry best practice recommendations for conditional payment resolution
Medicare Set-Asides: An Update on Liability Medicare Set-Asides
In his final presentation of the event, Finley will join a panel on the topic of Medicare Set-Asides in Liability claims where he will:
- Discuss CMS regional office practices reviewing Liability MSAs
- Assess reasonable recognition strategies to apportion Medicare related expenses in liability settlements when Plaintiff’s future medical needs are greater than the settlement
- Determine possible outcomes where parties settle a liability claim without an MSA
- Look ahead to claims and litigation practices with or without CMS proposed rule making
For more information and to register visit the event website
About Robert Finley
Robert J. Finley, a partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, has litigation and trial practice experience focused in tort, employment and healthcare. He counsels firm clients under auto, property/casualty, no-fault, and workers compensation policies on Medicare repayment and Medicaid reimbursement compliance. Robert also advises Flagship Services Group on high value matters, in administrative hearings, and with educational solutions.
About Flagship Services Group
Flagship Services Group is the premier Medicare and Medicaid compliance services provider to the property & casualty insurance industry. Our focus and expertise have been the Medicare and Medicaid compliance needs of P&C self-insureds, insurance companies, and third-party administrators. We specialize in P&C mandatory reporting, conditional payment resolution, and set aside allocations. Whether auto, liability, no-fault, or work comp claims, we have assembled the expertise, experience and resources to deliver unparalleled MSP compliance and cost savings results to the P&C industry. To find out more about Flagship, our team, and our customized solutions, please visit us at www.flagshipservicesgroup.com. To speak with us about any of our P&C MSP compliance products and services, you may also contact us at 888.444.4125 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This publication is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to constitute, and shall not be construed as, the rendering of legal, accounting, or business advice or opinion or professional services of any type. Nothing herein constitutes the views of the firm or its clients or the endorsement of any particular case, principle, or proposition. The contents of this publication should not be viewed as a substitute for the guidance, advice, or recommendations of a retained professional.